Thursday, October 24, 2013

MindMapping!

If you haven't tried mindmapping, you're missing out on a fantastic tool!

I discovered mindmapping a few years ago when I was looking for a way to organize and plan a website step-by-step in a visual environment without using paper and pencil. Not only does mindmapping allow you great flexibility in planning, it serves as a system whereby you can brainstorm and organize at the same time. It's easy to create, edit, delete and move your ideas around on the screen. Currently, I use MindMeister.

I also designed our department events workflow here at UHM Center for Teaching Excellence. When the workflow changes or evolves, I jump on MindMeister and update it in a minute or two!

Mindmapping in Education caught my eye recently when I read this article from EmergingEdTech:

Teaching Creativity – The Case for Mind Mapping by Jane Karwoski, PhD on October 10, 2013